Search Active Topics Members Register

Odyssey Ogre #1 , #2 , #8

This review was donated by an ExoticSkis.com fan who has several pairs of OGRES from Odyssey. Very interesting skis! (note the duckfoot mounting)

Take note I am not a writer nor am I a professional ski technician .

This is just my experience with the Ogre skis that I was able to demo . For those who are you will just have to carve through my opinion . During the 2009 / 2010 season I floated with the Ogre #1 , #2 , #8 . ( www.odysseyskis.com ) I will discuss each ski in the same order . I was able to demo the skis in this order also .

The Ogre #1 183.5cm 164X122.5X142X145mm

Not intimidated by the heavy crud . A strong sturdy ski I was able to put all of my 214 pound 6'1" body into it power through my turns . As I am a tree skiing fool what I love most about this ski is its easy to turn with no worry of being able to sustain the turn . I trust this ski to do what I tell it when I make my move. Like Ogre #1 #2 #8 and not yet tested Ogre #10 the anti-dive tip out performs anything else I have ever skied on. Power and braking due to the firm tail more than the others I was able to demo . Although its 123 under foot it still handled the runout well on the groomed run . The Ogre 1 did not float like the Ogre #2 nor the Ogre 8 for ovious reasons . I had a tough time in the moguls ( not a bump skier) but it was better than the Ogre #2 & #8 . I did not enjoy them on the ice .

The Ogre # 2 184cm 180.5X171.5X123X143.5X146mm

On the big dump day I took it out it was cold 18F and 2' to 3.5' deep in places I liked that the ski kept me on top everywhere I took it ~ couple that with the anti dive tip and this ski works well at keeping you from struggling to stay on top . It's Quick to turn but doesn't handle the thick crud as well as the Ogre #1. I think because the Ogre #1 is a stiffer ski. Not an ice or Mogul ski .

The Ogre #8 186cm 203.5X190.5X130X158.5X164mm

This ski is flat out a monster on the big pow days ! Like nothing I have ever seen in the industry with a bottom surface area 2,918cm2 . I took this ski out to a big wide open pow field with steep drop and yodeled the whole way down . The side cut in such a big ski made the turning easier than I expected it would be .With the anti dive tip I never dropped a tip ever ! . I'm looking forward to getting some pow days on this board this coming season . The Ogre #8 made everything effortless . Not an ice or mogul ski .

Special note : I mounted my bindings two different ways , center off set for the wider stance , duck foot not sure I liked it , None of these skis are for super tight shoots or the ice ! One hell of a quiver ski I bought three Ogre 1 2 & 8 . What I liked best about these skis is they did everything I asked of them , the price was right and not everyone on the hill is on them for now anyway . At times I felt I had an unfair advantage over all the other powder heads !

My motto ~ No friends on a powder day ~ Marco

By: e.edelstein  Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:20:04 AM

ExoticSkis.com
No Ski Ads.
No Affiliate Marketing.

Several companies provide discounts or donations to support our ski testing program.

We can choose any poles. We choose Leki. They never fail & last for years.

Boots are the most critical element when testing ski behavior. We can choose any boots. We choose Dalbello and Salomon.

Distinctive team outerwear.

Halti is our choice to stay dry and warm when testing in Nor'Easter storms.

Green Ice Wax is our choice for non-fluoro, eco-friendly waxes.
Smith is our choice for head and eye protection.

Northern Ski Works is our choice for shop work and bootfitting.
HELP SUPPORT
EXOTICSKIS.COM